Whitefield Bowling Club has been at the heart of the community for over 130 years, providing first class bowling and social hub for the people of Whitefield.
With the existing clubhouse facilities requiring major building work, the club have engaged architects to produce plans for a modern, light and spacious clubhouse which will provide the best bowling facilities in the region, alongside a fully accessible community space to be enjoyed by all.
The new building will be built with environmentally friendly features at it’s core, these include:
- A percentage of the roof will be graded and allow wild plant growth to bring bees and insects and offer a habitat of sanctuary and safety
- Our boilers will be able to use natural gas and hydrogen to capture the change agenda and clean operation
- We are investigating ground source heat pumps to reclaim increased temperature differences at depth
- We will have large scale solar collection to generate as much electricity as we can for the buildings and tenants (again lower costs)
- Surface (grey) water will be stored and used for bowling green maintenance and irrigation, we will no longer draw on utilities and clean drinking water
- We have established significant glazed areas/roof lights to allow natural light, retain and reflect heat and lower construction costs and time
- We are aiming for sector leading life cycle costing of components to eradicate failure and short term replacement and maintenance
- All lighting will operate on movement sensors to areas that will turn off when not in use
- Fully adapted to accommodate people at all levels (DDA complaint)
- Recognition of gender neutral/friendly washroom facilities
The full plans are available to view at Whitefield Bowling Club, please check the opening hours if you wish to come along to view. You can also download them as PDF documents at the bottom of this page.
We will provide further updates when available. Thank you for your continued support.
Details of new membership are available here.